You are most probably touching your face right now while reading this blog thus highlighting the importance of today’s topic. Touching your face is hands down a very gross action as we are involuntarily spreading germs, dirt and oil across our face. The effects of this action doesn't just trigger acne breakouts and clogged pores, but it can also cause premature ageing too. Some of us don’t realise the harm we can cause to our skin by easily just touching it as it is not physically visible.
Here are some reasons why you should stop touching your face :
Touching leads to leads to scarring
- When we stare at the screen and start touching our face we have the tendency to pick on our acne or pores which would lead to permanent scars on the face.
It can cause acne breakouts
- Touching your face causes the dirt, germs and oil on our hand transferred to our face causing them to clog our pores and irritate our skin barrier which leads to breakouts.
Prone to falling sick
- Touching your face can significantly increase the risk of infection with flu or cold viruses and the new coronavirus as our hands can easily transmit the germs or viruses upon contact with other people or things shared in public.
Touching your face is a non compromised commandment in the skin care world and we should all try our best to avoid it at all cost. Here are some helpful tips to stop touching your face :
1) Keep your hands busy
- Try diverting yourself from touching your face by doing something else
2) Always remember to wash your hands first
- Never touch your face with your dirty hands, maybe keep a sanitizer around so you can use it at any time before touching your face
3) Don't skip your moisturizer
- Dry skin sometimes irritates the skin causing us to scratch it repeatedly causing more harm to your skin
All in all, we hope you can slowly try being more conscious of this action and gradually stop it even if it means asking your friends to physically stop you from it through force by any means to protect your skin.