Choosing a suitable cleanser might as well be considered the most stressful decision of your life as it is literally the first step to basic skin care routine. Imagine, coming home to an effective cleanser that removes every trace of dirt, sweat and makeup allowing the skin to breathe, repair and renew itself. A cleanser aids other serums and vitamins to penetrate your skin more deeply and perform their tasks more efficiently. A good cleanser will be gentle, fragrance and irritant free and won’t leave your skin feeling tight or dry after rinsing. It is important that you choose a cleanser that is suitable for your skin type. Do find out the best cleanser the most suitable for you according to your skin types and concerns.
- Suitable skin types : Normal skin, oily skin, combination skin and acne-prone skin.
- Clear, jelly-like consistency
- One off deep cleansing, decongest pores, remove excess oil and clean out acne-causing bacteria
- Leaves your skin moisturised
- Recommended Cleanser : Cosrx Snail Mucin Gel Cleanser
- Suitable skin types: Oily skin and combination skin
- Builds up to a foamy consistency when mixed with water.
- Helps clear out pores, remove dirt and also remove makeup.
- The main ingredient that causes behind foam cleansers is sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)
- Recommended Cleanser: Inisfree Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Cream & Lotion Cleansers
- Suitable skin types: Normal Skin,Dry skin and sensitive skin.
- Comes with moisturising properties that will not produce lather or strip away skin’s natural oils
- Help to control sebum excretions.
- Recommended Cleanser: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
- Suitable skin types: all skin types.
- Recommended for removing make-up and thorough cleansing.
- To double cleanse, first cleanse skin with an oil-based cleanser followed by a light foaming, gel, cream or lotion cleanser.
- Leaves skin supple and soft
- Recommended Cleanser: Hada Labo Oil Cleanser
Micellar Water & Water-based Cleanser
- Suitable Skin Type: Dry skin, oily skin, normal skin and sensitive skin.
- Lightest forms of facial cleanser that almost look like water!
- Micellar water is usually applied with cotton pads and doesn’t need rinsing.
- Recommended Cleanser: Garnier Micellar Water
Remember to properly address your skin type and concerns before choosing your cleanser in order to invest in the right products.