Change starts with YOU. Once we ship to our customers we cannot control what they do with the packaging materials, but we do encourage all of our customers to reuse, compost, or recycle all packing materials.
Our products come in glass or aluminium containers, which reduces waste by allowing you to reuse or recycle your empties. It also keeps harmful chemicals from leeching into our chemical-free products.
|Individual Product Packaging||
The Mineraw is evolving. And with that evolution we will slowly be introducing paper boxes which house each of our products. We were required to plastic wrap the caps of each product by Malaysian Consumer Law, however we decided paper box as the best alternative to plastic.
As we grow we need to pack our products for wholesales and for all the lovers of The Mineraw more efficiently without any damage. These boxes will give us that peace of mind whilst also keeping our ethics strong.
|Low Waste Supply Chain||
We consciously handcraft our products with environmentally friendly ways in mind to produce them individually.
Glass jars and bottles arrive in a cardboard grid manner. Ingredients are sourced in bulk to reduce carbon waste. This meaning bigger quantity of a certain ingredient that arrives in a big 5L or 10L plastic bottle that we will and can be reused.
|Reuse, Recycle, Return Programme||Reuse your empties for storing jewelry, pencils, sewing accessories or simply recycle them! You can also opt to drop your empties at any of the zero waste store near you that sells our products.
Drop them at our store at The Curve with the terms & conditions below:
• Original label sticker must be in tact
• Must be emptied, cleaned and dry. We strictly do not accept dirty empty containers. Please take into consideration of how you feel if someone gave you back your dirty container.
• We do not accept all the 30ml Bottles and Bronze Babe Bottles.
|How We Pack||
We try to ship completely plastic free. The Mineraw does not claim to be a zero-waste brand. We do what we can to help and promote eco-conscious alternative when it comes to shipping. We aim to achieve a 100% recyclable and 100% compostable packing system in the near future.
Our shipping boxes are made out of unbleached and recycled kraft cardboard paper. Printing and purchasing of these boxes are done in high volume to help reduce production waste. Most times we also try to reuse the boxes that we receive our inventory in.
Fragile Wrapping & Void Fills:
We wrap each product in Geami Wrap. We're not perfect nor are we claiming to be a 100% zero waste brand. Sometimes we accidentally receive bubble wrap packaging from our suppliers. We reuse them in our packaging to you and we recommend everyone to reuse them again as well. To fill out the space in the box, we use crumpled 180gsm 100% recycled kraft paper that is purchased in bulk.
Our packing labels are printed onto A6 label stickers that uses an electrical direct thermal printing machine. This method of printing does not require ink or toner therefore reducing the cost and waste from buying individual ink and toners cartridge that are made and packaged in plastic.
Tape to Seal:
We currently use activated paper tape. It is biodegradable at high heat.
Using unbleached kraft paper, we hand out paper bags when you purchase (and if you need one) at our outlet ~ located at The Curve, or at any of our monthly pop-up booth events. 100% Biodegradable and Recyclable. Printing and purchasing of these paper bags are done in high volume to help reduce production waste.
|Reusable Cotton Tote Bags||
The Mineraw gifts a complimentary reusable cotton tote bag to every customer orders above RM300 online and in our main store at The Curve. Showing and educating an easy way to reduce plastic packaging.
|Eco Skincare Tools and Accessories||
Besides specifically providing skincare products, we also try to provide our customers with a range of eco-conscious tools to use in their daily skincare routine life.
Easy swaps to reduce your plastic waste like:
• Bamboo Toothbrushes instead of a Plastic Toothbrush.
• Reusable Cotton Rounds instead of the disposable bleached cotton rounds available at your local drugstore.
• Loofah Sponge made from a plant instead of the plastic mesh option to exfoliate the body in the shower.
• Wood Spoon to mix your face masks or to carry in your bag on-the-go in case you eat out.
• Mask Brush to apply clay, gel or wet mask onto the skin. Less cross-contamination between our fingertips and the skincare product.
• Metal Spatula made of metal to scoop products out of the jar to decrease cross-contamination between our fingertips and the skincare product.
• Hair Scrunchies, Headbands, Clear Quartz Gua Sha Stone